pardon the terrible youtube thumbnail quality
What is this?
This is the first visualizer I made with THREE js after the spectrometer. After getting either time-domain or frequency-domain data from audio source, it copies that to a texture and perturbs the model using a vertex shader.
- Time-domain vs frequency-domain inputs
- Perturbing along mesh normal vs x,y,z directions
- Post-processing (try the kaleidoscope)
- High density vs low density meshes
- Beat detection - this is going to be something I do some more research into. I have a basic rolling average of frequency magnitudes (ignoring super-low and super-high) which works reasonably well but I think using some basic learning techniques could improve results.
I haven't tested the demo on many computers, but on my laptop with a gpu I get 60fps along with the realtime audio processing! Disclaimer: This app was mainly designed for use by myself, sorry if the interface doesn't make sense.